Applicants to the Global Human Development Program should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Completion of courses in introductory macro- and microeconomics and statistics (must be completed before enrollment in August, not necessarily before applying).
- Ability to function effectively in English and one other language (students must pass an oral proficiency exam before graduation, implying that they will have a reasonable command of one foreign language before entering the program).
- Several years of experience living, studying, and working abroad is strongly recommended.
- Completion of either the GRE (preferred) or GMAT exam, taken in time to submit the scores by the application deadline.
A complete application includes:
- Application Form
- A Supplemental Data Sheet
- A statement of purpose
- What motivates you to work in development?
- Where do you think you will be and what will you be doing in 2030?
- A resume or CV
- Official Transcript(s) (hard copy or electronic) from all colleges/universities attended (in English)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official submission of GRE or GMAT scores
- TOEFL/IELTS scores for students for whom English is not their primary language and who did not study at an accredited college/university where English was the language of instruction
- Non-refundable $90 application fee
In addition, we encourage a visit or Skype interview. If you would like to schedule a visit or online interview, please email us.
The application deadline for Fall 2019 admission to the M.A. in Global Human Development is January 15, 2019. Applicants will be notified of decisions by early March.