- Applicants to the Global Human Development Program should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Completion of courses in introductory macro- and microeconomics and statistics (must be completed before enrollment in August, not necessarily before applying).
- Ability to function effectively in English and one other language (students must pass an oral proficiency exam before graduation, implying that they will have a reasonable command of one foreign language before entering the program).
- At least 1-2 years of full-time work experience post-undergraduate degree is strongly recommended.
- Experience living, studying, and working outside of the United States is strongly recommended.
- Completion of either the GRE (preferred) or GMAT exam, taken in time to submit the scores by the application deadline.
A complete application includes:
- Application Form
- A Supplemental Data Sheet
- A statement of purpose
- What motivates you to work in development?
- Where do you think you will be and what will you be doing in 2030?
- A resume or CV
- Unofficial transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended (in English). Note that all admitted students who decide to enroll must provide official copies at a later date.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official submission of GRE or GMAT scores
- TOEFL/IELTS scores for students for whom English is not their primary language and who did not study at an accredited college/university where English was the language of instruction
- Non-refundable $90 application fee
In addition, we encourage all prospective students to learn more about GHD through arranging a Skype call or visit when possible. If you would like to schedule a Skype call or visit, please email us.
- For Scholarship Consideration: January 15
- Final Deadline (no scholarship consideration): April 1