The application deadline for Fall 2017 admission to the M.A. in Global Human Development is January 30, 2017. Applicants will be notified of decisions by early March.
Requirements & Recommendations
- Bachelor's degree.
- Completion of courses in introductory macro- and microeconomics and statistics (must be completed before enrollment in August, not necessarily b efore applying).
- Ability to function effectively in English and one other language (students must pass an oral proficiency exam before graduation, implying that they will have a reasonable command of one foreign language before entering the program).
- Several years of experience living, studying, and working abroad is strongly recommended.
A complete application includes:
- Application Form
- A Supplemental Data Sheet
- A statement of purpose
- What motivates you to work in development?
- Where do you think you will be and what will you be doing in 2030?
- A resume or CV
- Official Transcript(s) (hard copy or electronic) from all colleges/universities attended (in English)
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE or GMAT, for applicants with a degree from an accredited college/university, supplemented by TOEFL/IELTS for students for whom English is not their primary language and who did not study at an accredited college/university where English was the language of instruction
- Non-refundable $90 application fee
In addition, we strongly encourage a visit or skype interview. If you would like to schedule a visit or online interview, please email us.