How to Apply
Applicants to the Global Human Development Program should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Completion of courses in introductory macro- and microeconomics and statistics (must be completed before enrollment in August, not necessarily before applying).
- Ability to function effectively in English and one other language (students must pass an oral proficiency exam before graduation, implying that they will have a reasonable command of one foreign language before entering the program).
- At least 1-2 years of full-time work experience post-undergraduate degree is strongly recommended.
- Experience living, studying, and working outside of the United States is strongly recommended.
A complete application includes:
- Application Form
- A statement of purpose
- What motivates you to work in development?
- Where do you think you will be and what will you be doing in 2030?
- A resume or CV
- Unofficial transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended (in English). Note that all admitted students who decide to enroll must provide official copies at a later date.
- Three letters of recommendation
- We encourage all applicants to submit GRE (or GMAT) scores as part of their application. These scores are not required to apply, but the Admissions Committee strongly recommends them, especially in cases where the undergraduate academic record is not as strong as other parts of the application, or the applicant has not yet completed significant coursework in microeconomics, macroeconomics, and statistics (or they completed that coursework many years ago).
- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree from an institution where English was not the primary language of instruction are required to take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Non-refundable $90 application fee
In addition, we encourage all prospective students to learn more about GHD through arranging a Skype call or visit when possible. If you would like to schedule a Skype call or visit, please email us.
- For Scholarship Consideration: January 15
- Final Deadline (no scholarship consideration): April 1