GHD offers a number of merit-based scholarships each year to new and returning students of all nationalities. Scholarships are in the form of full or partial tuition remission. Scholarships awarded in the first year are renewable at the same amount for the second year contingent on the recipient meeting certain academic standards.
Recipients of scholarships must return a signed “Obligation Statement” to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and must be enrolled full-time (12 credits). For detailed information, please visit Office of Student Financial Services’ website.
GHD is pleased to offer merit-based scholarships to international students from the following regions:
- A full tuition scholarship for a GHD student from sub-Saharan Africa, made possible through the generous support of the William and Catherine McGurn Family;
- A full tuition scholarship with partial stipend for a GHD student from the Philippines;
- A partial tuition scholarship for a GHD student from Asia;
- A partial tuition scholarship for a GHD student from Latin America;
- A partial tuition scholarship for a GHD student from the Middle East.
To be considered for the scholarships, applicants must submit all required application materials:
Supplemental data sheet
Official transcripts and test scores (GREs and TOEFL/IELTS)
Three letters of recommendation
The scholarships will be awarded based on the overall strength of the application. The deadline for admission is January 15.
Georgetown’s Office of Student Financial Services provides information about student loans and other forms of support.